SpeakBlue Distinguished Speaker Series
UKSAB is proud to announce the inaugural SpeakBlue Distinguished Speaker, Anderson Cooper. Cooper will speak “From the Front Lines” in Memorial Coliseum on September 30 at 8 p.m.
Cooper began his career in journalism after college, forging a press pass in order to enter Myanmar to cover students fighting against the Burmese government. After selling his footage to Channel One, he continued covering conflict for the news program. Cooper eventually joined ABC, where he worked his way up to World News Now anchor in 1999. After a brief stint hosting reality television, he was offered a position with CNN, quickly gaining his own show, Anderson Cooper 360.
Cooper is known for his personal and emotional coverage, especially during his coverage of Hurricane Katrina, the Iraq War and the 2011 Haiti Earthquake. He has been named the "anchorperson of the future", and has been commended for his work promoting equality for the LGBTQ community, being the “most prominent openly gay journalist on American television.”
For more info, check out uksab.org!
14 Notes/ Hide
- wonderwhitney reblogged this from uksab and added:
- wonderwhitney likes this
- ukyhonors reblogged this from uksab
- andersoncooperlovers likes this
- scattershotsilly likes this
- simplyawwchumm likes this
- justsomecriminal likes this
- musicismytimemachine14 likes this
- seventhcatalyst reblogged this from andersoncooperforever and added:
- andersoncooperforever reblogged this from uksab
- friskynotebook likes this
- friskynotebook reblogged this from uksab
- university-of-kentucky likes this
- uksab posted this